High School Age Development Project
In completing the high school project:
- I was surprised to find the low levels of proficient students entering the ninth grade at each of our high schools.
- I found that motivated students have many opportunities to take college courses in high school saving time and money.
- I wonder if the district is doing enough for students that are not college bound. Do students know all of the other career and life options offered through career and technical education Work Keys and military options.
- As we discovered in the middle school project, each high school also has its own niche, reducing the cohesiveness amongst the high schools.
- As well, parent involvement reduces more as students enter high school.
We created the brochure below as a condensed version of the findings from our research.
The iMovie below was created to showcase all of our findings in a clear and concise presentation.
As a part of the high school project we also created a service project we could share with our high schools to promote post-graduation awareness.